[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golf Kentucky Links • View topic - The people's Top 18

The people's Top 18

Your chance to share the knowledge! Review, rate, and share your opinions or comments about Kentucky golf courses.

Re: The people's Top 18

Postby thurman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Big Blue is now on the list. That put us at 38 courses, and since I'm sending them out in foursomes, I'd like to add two more. I tossed in Golf Club of the Bluegrass and Henry County CC. I'll happily replace either of those with a nomination from someone else though. This is a last chance to speak up if you think a course is missing or if you have any qualms with the rating criteria (outlined a few posts above). We'll start voting on the first foursome early next week.

Cherry Blossom
Charlie Vettiner
Dale Hollow
Doe Valley
Duckers Lake
Eagle Creek
Eagle Ridge
Eagle Trace
Fox Run
GBJ @ Picadome
General Burnside
Gibson Bay
Griffin Gate
Golf Club of the Bluegrass
Henry County Country Club
Heritage Hill
Hidden Cove
Houston Oaks
Kearney Hill
KY Dam Village
Lafayette
Lassing Pointe
Maywood
Mineral Mound
My Old Kentucky Home
Nevel Meade
Old Silo
Peninsula
Perry Park
Quail Chase
Rosewood
Seneca
Stonecrest
The Bull
The Oaks at Flatwood
The Willows
UK Club (Big Blue)
UK Club (Wildcat)
Wasioto Winds
Weissinger Hills
"Focus on golf. Screw everything else." - Earl Woods
thurman
Champions Tour Poster

Postby cobra » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:57 pm

To clarify an earlier notion from this thread: are we incorporating boobs somehow? Like, a weak course is an A-cup while a strong one is a DD? It seems there are only men on this board, so a boob-centric methodology is more intuitive than just numbers.
cobra
Rookie Poster

Postby JP » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:53 pm

"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight"- Ben Hogan
JP
Champions Tour Poster

Postby thurman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:56 am

+1

I can't rave about it too much, but it's just one interesting shot after another and one solid hole after another. Not a weak one on the property, which is amazing when you consider it's only on a little over 100 acres. It's the most underrated course I know of.
thurman
Champions Tour Poster

Postby wilma » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 am

Yes, I did think of another which is IMHO more worth considering than many on the list. How many of you have played Lassing Point's sister course Boone Links. Not long, but quite challenging and interesting.

So Boone Links to the list?

Doug
125yd hole out for Eagle at #7, Stonelick Hills, with a 9-iron. 6/13/06. 115yd Hole out for Eagle on #9, Stonelick Hills. 10/22/08.
wilma
Champions Tour Poster

Postby foreleft » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby thurman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:59 am

Here's the final list. Doug's Boone Links gets in, Henry County CC is getting the boot. I'm gonna send the first foursome out in the next few minutes. Sorry Cobra, Excel can't calculate the average of boobs. Also, some guys like a smaller handful, but if you want to think of a 5 as being DDs and a 1 as being an A, it might help you rate more accurately. Either way, be critical.

Boone Links
Cherry Blossom
Charlie Vettiner
Dale Hollow
Doe Valley
Duckers Lake
Eagle Creek
Eagle Ridge
Eagle Trace
Fox Run
GBJ @ Picadome
General Burnside
Gibson Bay
Griffin Gate
Golf Club of the Bluegrass
Heritage Hill
Hidden Cove
Houston Oaks
Kearney Hill
KY Dam Village
Lafayette
Lassing Pointe
Maywood
Mineral Mound
My Old Kentucky Home
Nevel Meade
Old Silo
Peninsula
Perry Park
Quail Chase
Rosewood
Seneca
Stonecrest
The Bull
The Oaks at Flatwood
The Willows
UK Club (Big Blue)
UK Club (Wildcat)
Wasioto Winds
Weissinger Hills
thurman
Champions Tour Poster

Postby kygolf99 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:58 am

Just curious, how many votes does a course have to get to be tallied? Looks like we arent getting a lot of votes on the first 4 courses sent out and was wondering if we are going to be able to truly rate courses with only 4 or 5 votes?
kygolf99
Rookie Poster

Postby Docugs » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:35 am

I am kinda curious about this too. Maybe it needs to be a percentage score of the people that have played and scored a course. Some courses on here might not get a fair shake otherwise. For example Big Blue, maybe not lots of people have played it, but of the ones that have, it would be rated fairly high. Top 10 for many people
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby stammalammy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:54 am

Might be able to factor "Demand", "Desire to play" or something somehow at the end. Big Blue is a good example, I have only been there once and we got stormed out after 9 so don't really think I should vote on it but I'd give it a 5 for "Desire to play" scale.
"You can't believe all the quotes you read on the Internet." -Abraham Lincoln
stammalammy
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby Docugs » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Well you only would have had about 3 more holes to play anyway :D
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby stammalammy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:07 pm

"You can't believe all the quotes you read on the Internet." -Abraham Lincoln
stammalammy
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby foreleft » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Backside is pretty boring too. You did not miss much.
Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby foreleft » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:07 pm

By doing this, I think we can see how the magazines can be so off on their rankings. Not sure if Desire to play would be a ranking of a course. Maybe prestige. But that would be under ambience. I think conditioning and strength of design should be weighted more than the rest of the categories. I am disappointed that more people are not participating.
Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby Docugs » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:03 pm

where is Buck.
Docugs
Pro Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Kentucky Course Reviews